Today we’re releasing secure group messaging for Gliph! We’re excited about this release for two reasons: Gliph users have been requesting group messaging and because group messaging is our first release to leverage the powerful improvements we made recently to the Gliph platform.
There are many group messaging apps to choose from, so what makes group messaging on Gliph unique?
- Strong Identity Controls – Leverage Gliph’s unique privacy capabilities to show your real name to one group on Gliph, and a pseudonym to another.
- Data impermanence / Deletion – Erase history by deleting any of your messages permanently from a group conversation, removing it for all group members.
- Protection from Group Snooping – Keep your conversations completely private to you and your group members using Closed Groups in combination with Lockdown Privacy Protection.
It also has some terrific features that make it a great choice for all your Group messaging needs:
- Cross-Platform – Include Android, iOS, and web users in your group conversations. Access the discussion from your mobile, tablet or desktop computer.
- Group Profile Photos – Represent your group with a nice photo. (Admin set)
- Group Notification Preferences – Choose whether to get notifications from any given group.
- Group Invitation Links – Open groups have single links that allow people new to Gliph to sign up and automatically join your group.
These features also come with new System Messages, which helps show when someone has been invited to or removed from the group.
Group messaging has been requested by Gliph users for a long time, so we’re very pleased to bring it to market on all of Gliph’s clients. Enjoy!