If you want to add a chat room to your subreddit, Gliph Chat Channels are a quick and easy way to do that. Gliph has been chosen by popular subreddits over many other chat solutions because it has solid apps for iPhone, Android and a great desktop client. Gliph chat channels offer user privacy and can be customized to your theme.
Here’s how to add a Gliph Chat Channel to your Subreddit:
Step 1. Use the Create Channel Wizard
- Log into the Gliph Desktop Web App
- Click the Create Channel option in the Menu
- Set a Photo, Banner and short description for your Channel and click Next. Levi made a handy photoshop template to help you get your banner size right.
- Share the invitation link with a friend so you know everything is good.
Step 2. Add Your Chat Channel to your Subreddit’s Sidebar
- Visit your Subreddit’s settings. The URL is: http://www.reddit.com/r/[YourSub]/about/edit/
- Customize this markdown sample code to build out your sidebar:
* [Triathlon Chat]([YourChannelInviteLInk]) – Chat with other Triathletes from this Subreddit from your computer or smartphone.
Example used by /r/ocd
Example used by /r/rickandmorty
Step 3. Submit a new link to your subreddit alerting people to your new chat channel.
We’re here to help! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or ‘support’ on Gliph and we’ll help you get going!