We’re pleased to share that we now accept Bitcoin as a payment method for Gliph products, in addition to In-App Purchases (IAP) and traditional credit cards. Today, that means you can purchase additional Cloaked Email addresses, and add upgrades to your account using Bitcoin.
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a new kind of money that is decentralized and not controlled by a single organization or government. You can send Bitcoins to other people and businesses around the globe without going through a bank. This means Bitcoin can be used in any country, and fees for sending the currency are very low.
Why did you decide to take Bitcoin?
Many of our users are privacy and security conscious folks and we have had requests for the company to take payment over Bitcoin since we launched Cloaked Email Pro. We also appreciate the following aspects of the Bitcoin currency:
- Privacy – While Bitcoin was not designed for anonymity, it can be used in a way that abstracts transactions away from identity.
- Security – Bitcoin uses mathematics to allow the network to create Bitcoins and validate transactions. The currency itself is not controlled by any particular institution.
- Trust – You don’t need to trust anyone other than yourself and the person you’re sending money to. No one can get in the way of your transactions.
- Send the Support Gliph a message with which item or account upgrade you would like to buy with Bitcoin.
- The Support Gliph will reply with a single-use Bitcoin wallet address for your transaction, along with the total amount in BTC.
- Send the total BTC to the supplied wallet ID within three hours.
That’s it! Your account will be updated as soon as we’ve verified the transaction is complete. If you have any questions about Gliph and Bitcoin, please ask the Support Gliph or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.