Update 1/15/15: We’ve decided to retire these plugins. See this post for more information.
Today we’re unveiling the first versions of Gliph plugins for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox web browsers.
These handy new extensions help you create and send new emails from your Cloaked Email addresses, and make adding privacy to Craigslist and other websites easy. If you aren’t familiar with Cloaked Email, take a moment to review this blog entry.
How to Install the Gliph Chrome Extension
- Visit the Gliph Chrome Extension page in the Chrome Web Store.
- Click the Add To Chrome button.
- You should now see the Gliph icon in the top right corner in the Chrome browser.
How to Install Gliph Firefox Add-on
- Visit the the Gliph Firefox Add-on page on the Firefox Add-ons website.
- Click the Add To Firefox button.
- You should now see the Gliph icon in the bottom right corner of the Firefox browser window.
Send a Cloaked Email
Click this item to open a new window to email anyone from your Cloaked Email address. There is a drop-down menu item that allows you to choose the Cloaked Email address you want the new email to be sent from. Notice that the label you gave the cloak appears in the parenthesis after the address. You can update your labels by visting the Cloaked Email administration page and editing your cloaks.
Reply to a Craigslist Ad
you are viewing a Craigslist ad, you can now right-click an email address and choose a specific Cloaked Email address to reply from. When you do, the extension creates a new email window with the Subject pulled from the ad and a link to the ad automatically added to the listing.
- Visit an ad on Craigslist.
- Right-click the reply-to email address and Choose “Send to this Address Using Cloaked Email”
- Choose the appropriate Cloaked Email address.
- A new Cloaked Email window opens with the Subject pre-filled with the title of the Craigslist ad. The body contains a link directly to the Craigslist ad for future reference.